Are you avoiding seeing your family dentist in Galesburg? Do you find yourself putting off scheduling necessary care day after day, week after week? Don’t worry. The Dental Group of Galesburg understands. And you aren’t alone. Lots of people tend to feel a little nervous or anxious about dentistry. In fact, according to a study conducted by DentaVox, one-third of the U.S. population avoids going to the dentist because of dental anxiety or fear and about 61 % of the respondents said they’re suffering from dental fear. This is especially true if you:
- Have had a bad experience with another dentist
- Suffer from ongoing dental problems
- Have a hard time sitting still for extended periods of time
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Can’t always get numb with Novocaine alone
Our anesthesia and safe sedation options can dramatically reduce anxiety, ease pain, and help you get the dentistry you need. The Dental Group of Galesburg offers family dental care supported by:
- Oral Sedation – Oral sedation is administered through a prescription pill taken before you arrive at your appointment. Because of its anti-anxiety and sedative qualities, you will need to have someone drive you to and from your appointment.
- Nitrous Oxide – Often referred to as “laughing gas,” Nitrous Oxide:
- Is administered by inhalation. (In other words, we place a comfortable mask over your nose and mouth. Take a few breaths, and before you know it, you will be completely relaxed)
- Produces a sleepy but mildly euphoric feeling
- Can be used on patients of all ages
- Is easily reversed with the delivery of pure oxygen so you can drive, return to school, or go back to work
Your team at The Dental Group of Galesburg is certified and trained in both options so you can relax with confidence and get the dental work you need for a lifetime of smiles.