Missing Teeth? Not Anymore!
While most people have probably heard of dental implants by now, they may not understand why they are such an amazing innovation. Here’s the scoop:
Unlike bridges and full or partial dentures, dental implants replace more than just teeth. They replace lost roots as well. Why is that such a big deal? Well, without the stimulation of your roots, your jawbones begin to shrink or “resorb.” This can lead to problems such as:
- A sunken, aged appearance
- Ill-fitting dentures
- Shifting or loss of remaining teeth
- Headaches and TMJ pain
- Gum disease
Why deal with that when you can replace missing teeth with dental implants from Dr. Cody Krech right here at The Dental Group of Galesburg?
Our dental implants let you…
- Eat what you want
- Throw away your dental adhesive
- Smile and laugh like nobody’s business
…and do it all without pinching, slipping, or embarrassment.
The Problem of Tooth Loss
Teeth can be lost for countless reasons from trauma, cancer, or extreme decay to osteoporosis and hormone fluctuations. Even certain medications can contribute to edentulism. But no matter why you have lost your teeth, missing teeth can have detrimental effects on your health. Dental implants can help.
A study published in the International Journal of Dentistry shows that missing teeth can:
- Increase chronic gastric inflammation
- Decrease daily function and physical activity
- Increase the risk of non-insulin-dependent diabetes
- Increase the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Increase the risk of chronic kidney disease
- Be linked to sleep-disordered breathing, including obstructive sleep apnea
- Lower intake of fruits and vegetables, fiber, and carotene and increase cholesterol and saturated fats
And that doesn’t take into consideration what missing teeth can do to your confidence, social life, and psychological health. Dental implants are the perfect solution to help keep you healthy, confident, and functioning the way nature intended.
How The Dental Group of Galesburg Can Help
Your Galesburg implant dentist, Dr. Cody Krech, can do it all – place, restore, and take care of your dental implants. We offer a variety of options to fit your individual needs including:
- Single-tooth implants
- Implant-Retained Dentures
And because we use 3D Cone Beam imaging and computer-guided placement techniques, you can be sure that your implant procedure will be comfortable, precise, and stable.
If you have been told that you do not have enough bone remaining for a dental implant, don’t worry. Dr. Krech can help with that too. He can provide bone grafting and sinus lifts to build your bone structure and give you a strong and stable base for dental implant placement.