Want to protect your precious smile at home? In addition to regular checkups, cleanings, and fluoride from your family dentist in Galesburg, we recommend that all of our patients consider using mouthguards. Mouthguards add another layer of protection at home, keeping teeth safe from damage during:
- Sports or other physical activities
- Nighttime grinding and clenching
- Stress clenching during the day
Yes, you might be able to get almost any kind of mouthguard from nightguards for clenching or snoring to over-the-counter boil and bite guards at the sporting goods store or drugstore. The thing is, unless a mouthguard is dentist-designed and custom-fitted, they can do more harm than good.
Sports Mouthguards – Our sports mouthguards are as easy to get and wear as 1,2,3:
- Talk to us about your needs and the activities you or your kids need protection during, and have digital impressions taken
- Let us design and print out the perfect guard with our 3D printer while you wait
- Pop in your sports guard and play as hard and long as you want
Bruxism Nightguards for TMD or Sleep Apnea –These comfortable guards are also custom-fitted and made just for your unique smile. Usually worn at night, these guards can actually be used any time you might clench your teeth to balance your bite and protect your enamel from wear, chipping, or breakage.
Your smile will thank you!