Snap. Crackle. Pop…
- If you are hearing those sounds coming from your jaw instead of your morning cereal…
- If headaches and migraines seem to be a daily occurrence…
- If you are sick of popping pain killers just to get through your day…
…then it’s probably time for a visit with your Galesburg TMJ dentist, Dr. Cody Krech.
Dr. Krech and his team are specially trained to diagnose and treat TMJ disorder, even if your doctor has had a difficult time pinpointing the issue or insists that nothing is really wrong. Pain is NOT normal – especially chronic headaches and migraines – and we don’t want any of our Galesburg friends and neighbors to suffer needlessly. Our treatment options are effective, non-invasive, and do not involve prescription or over-the-counter medications to offer relief.
No Longer Alone
We know how isolating chronic pain can be. How difficult it is to explain to people. And how frustrating it can be to just make it through the day with a constant headache or migraine. The truth is, you are not alone. Some estimates suggest over ten million people suffer from TMJ disorder! That means that thousands of people go undiagnosed, dealing with the headaches and pain of TMJ disorder (or TMD) without knowing what is wrong or how to find relief. Typical symptoms of TMD include:
- Headaches or migraines
- Facial pain
- Jaw pain
- Stiffness or soreness in the neck, upper back, & shoulders
- Tingling fingertips or numbness in fingers or arms
- Sensitive or loose teeth
- Clenching or grinding
- Ear congestion
- Ringing in the ears
- Limited mouth opening or locking jaw
If you have been living with any of these symptoms, please call us. We are here to listen, support you, and help you find the relief from headaches you deserve.
One thing is for sure: We will never treat you like you are crazy, as if TMJ disorder is somehow your fault, or scold you for your lifestyle. People develop TMJ disorder for lots of reasons, not just from stress or anxiety, though those can definitely contribute. TMJ disorder can result from:
- Trauma such as a blow to the face or whiplash
- Tooth loss
- Poorly balanced dental work
- Bruxism or clenching and grinding
- Sleep apnea
- Certain medications
- Poor posture
- Bone loss
- Disk erosion
- Connective tissue diseases
How Your Galesburg TMJ Dentist Can Help
Our first objective, after diagnosing your TMJ disorder, is to get your jaw and its muscles as relaxed as possible. This is the very first step toward total pain relief.
Some patients respond immediately to the relaxing and balancing effects of bite-splint therapy and find that their headaches and migraines lessen dramatically. For others, a combination of therapies might be indicated. This may include:
- Splint Therapy – Custom made just for you, bite splints or orthotic bite guards balance your bite, hold your jaw in its most relaxed position, and protect your teeth from clenching and grinding
- Botox Injections – relax spasming muscles and keep them that way
- Orthodontics – bring balance and harmony back to your bite by correcting tooth alignment
Don’t keep living with pain! Let your Galesburg TMJ dentist relieve your headaches or migraines so you can get back to living life to the fullest!